Match List – I with List – II.
|
LIST I |
LIST II |
|
A. Depreciation written-off as the machinery ₹2,000 |
I. Suspense A/c Dr. 2,000 To Sales Return A/c 2,000 |
|
B. Depreciation written-off as the machinery ₹2,000 |
II.Depreciation A/c Dr. 2,000 To Suspense A/c 2,000 |
|
C. Depreciation written-off as the machinery ₹2,000 |
III. Depreciation A/c Dr. 2,000 To Machinery A/c 2,000 |
|
D. Sales return book over cast by ₹2,000 |
IV. Suspense A/c Dr. 2,000 To Machinery A/c 2,000 |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below :
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 1
The correct answer is option 1- A-III, B-IV, C-II, D-I.
|
LIST I |
LIST II |
|
A. Depreciation written-off as the machinery ₹2,000 |
III. Depreciation A/c Dr. 2,000 To Machinery A/c 2,000 |
|
B. Depreciation written-off as the machinery ₹2,000 |
IV. Suspense A/c Dr. 2,000 To Machinery A/c 2,000 |
|
C. Depreciation written-off as the machinery ₹2,000 |
II.Depreciation A/c Dr. 2,000 To Suspense A/c 2,000 |
|
D. Sales return book over cast by ₹2,000 |
I. Suspense A/c Dr. 2,000 To Sales Return A/c 2,000 |
* Depreciation written-off as the machinery ₹2,000 was not posted at all- It was recorded through journal proper. From journal proper posting to all the accounts are made individually. Hence, no posting was made to depreciation account and machinery account. Therefore, rectification entry will be : Depreciation A/c Dr. 2,000 To Machinery A/c 2,000.
* Depreciation written-off as the machinery ₹2,000 was not posted to machinery account- In this case posting was not made to machinery account. It is to be assumed that depreciation account should have been correctly debited. Therefore, rectification entry shall be : Suspense A/c Dr. 2,000 To Machinery A/c 2,000.
* Depreciation written-off as the machinery ₹2,000 was not posted to depreciation account- In this case depreciation account was not been debited. However, machinery account must have been correctly credited. Therefore, rectification entry shall be : Depreciation A/c Dr. 2,000 To Suspense A/c 2,000.
* Sales return book over cast by ₹2,000- Suspense A/c Dr. 2,000 To Sales Return A/c 2,000. Sales returns book overcast is corrected by crediting it which reduces its balance.