Match List – I with List – II.
|
LIST I |
LIST II |
|
A. The fourth proportional to 4, 9, 12 |
I. 0.12 |
|
B. The mean proportional between 0.08 and 0.18 |
II. $2 \sqrt{3}$ |
|
C. The third proportional to 16 and 36 |
III. 27 |
|
D. The mean proportional between $6+3 \sqrt{3}$ and $8-4 \sqrt{3}$ |
IV. 81 |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 3
A. The fourth proportional to 4, 9, 12
= \(\frac{12 × 9 }{ 4 }\)
= 27 (III)
B. The mean proportional between 0.08 and 0.18 = \(\sqrt {0.8 × 0.18}\)
= 0.12 ( I )
C. The third proportional to 16 and 36 = \(\frac{36 × 36}{ 16 }\)
= 81
D. The mean proportional between $6+3 \sqrt{3}$ and $8-4 \sqrt{3}$
= \(\sqrt {( 6 + 3√3) × ( 8 - 4√3) }\)
= \(\sqrt { 48 - 24√3 + 24√3 - 36 }\)
= \(\sqrt { 12 }\)
= 2\(\sqrt { 3 }\)
The correct answer is Option (3) → A-III, B-I, C-IV, D-II