Match List-I with List-II.
Match the statements with their respective Provisions/ other name
| LIST I | LIST II |
| A) AS-3 | (I) Statement of profit & loss |
| B) Schedule 3 of Companies Act | (II) Cash flow statement |
| C) Financial status of the undertaking | (III) Final accounts of company |
| D) Performance report | (IV) Balance sheet |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 2
The correct answer is option 2- (A)-(II), (B)-(III), (C)-(IV), (D)-(I).
| LIST I | LIST II |
| A) AS-3 | (II) Cash flow statement |
| B) Schedule 3 of Companies Act | (III) Final accounts of company |
| C) Financial status of the undertaking | (IV) Balance sheet |
| D) Performance report | (I) Statement of profit & loss |
(A) AS-3- (II) Cash flow statement.
Companies Act, 2013 also specifies that if the accounting standards are not followed, financial statements will not be true and fair, which is a quality of financial statement. Financial Statements are defined in Companies Act, 2013 (Section 2 (40)] and includes Cash Flow Statement prepared in accordance with Accounting Standard- 3 (AS-3)- Cash Flow Statement.
(B) Schedule 3 of Companies Act- (III) Final accounts of company.
Schedule III of the Companies Act, 2013 provides a format and structure for preparing the financial statements (Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss, etc.). All companies must follow Schedule III for consistency in how financial data is presented.
(C) Financial status of the undertaking- (IV) Balance sheet.
he balance sheet shows all the assets owned by the concern, all the obligations or liabilities payable to outsiders or creditors and claims of the owners on a particular date. It is one of the important statements depicting the financial position or status or strength of an undertaking.
(D) Performance report- (I) Statement of profit & loss.
The Statement of profit and loss is prepared for a specific period to determine the operational results of an undertaking. It is a statement of revenue earned and the expenses incurred for earning the revenue. It is a performance report showing the changes in income, expenses, profits and losses as a result of business operations during the year between two balance sheet dates.