Match List- I with List- II
|
List- I |
List- II |
|
(A) Nimatnama |
(I) have an undertone of Sufi ideas |
|
(B) Laurchanda Paintings |
(II) contains the teachings of Mahavir |
|
(C) Uttaradhyana Sutra |
(III) is a cosmological text |
|
(D) Sangrahini Sutra |
(IV) book of recipes with a section on hunting |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
(1) (A)-(II), (B)-(III), (C)-(IV), (D)-(I)
(2) (A)-(IV), (B)-III), (C)-(II), (D)-(I)
(3) (A)-(III), (B)-(IV), (C)-(II), (D)-(I)
(4) (A)-(IV), (B)-(I), (C)-(II), (D)-(III)
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 4
The correct answer is Option 4: 4 {(4) (A)-(IV), (B)-(I), (C)-(II), (D)-(III)}
|
List- I |
List- II |
|
(A) Nimatnama |
(IV) book of recipes with a section on hunting |
|
(B) Laurchanda Paintings |
(I) have an undertone of Sufi ideas |
|
(C) Uttaradhyana Sutra |
(II) contains the teachings of Mahavir |
|
(D) Sangrahini Sutra |
(III) is a cosmological text |
Explanation:
Nimatnama (Book of Delicacies) was painted at Mandu during the reign of Nasir Shah Khalji (1500–1510 CE). It is a book of recipes with a section on hunting, and also has methods for preparation of medicines, cosmetics, perfumes and directions on their use.
Stories with undertones of Sufi ideas were also gaining favour and Laurchanda paintings are example of this genre.
Uttaradhyana Sutra contains the teachings of Mahavir that prescribe the code of conduct that monks should follow.
Sangrahini Sutra is a cosmological text composed in the twelfth century that comprises concepts about the structure of the universe and mapping of space.