Match List-I with List-II:
|
List-I Terms |
List-II Meanings |
|
(A) Jotedars |
(I) Sharecroppers |
|
(B) Bargadars |
(II) Revenue Collector |
|
(C) Zamindars |
(III) Peasants |
|
(D) Ryot or Raiyat |
(IV) Rich Peasants |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 1
The correct answer is Option (1) → (A)-(IV), (B)-(I), (C)-(II), (D)-(III)
|
List-I Terms |
List-II Meanings |
|
(A) Jotedars |
(IV) Rich Peasants |
|
(B) Bargadars |
(I) Sharecroppers |
|
(C) Zamindars |
(II) Revenue Collector |
|
(D) Ryot or Raiyat |
(III) Peasants |
-
(A) Jotedars → (IV) Rich Peasants – They were wealthy peasants in Bengal who owned large areas of land.
-
(B) Bargadars → (I) Sharecroppers – They cultivated land belonging to others and gave a share of the produce as rent.
-
(C) Zamindars → (II) Revenue Collector – They collected land revenue on behalf of the colonial government.
-
(D) Ryot or Raiyat → (III) Peasants – They were the actual cultivators of the soil.